Our client us looking for a Manager of Engineering from the Automotive Tier One / OEM arena
About the company
- A leading supplier of automotive glazing for the OEM and aftermarket industries.
- Company has been in business for more than 100 years
- Supplier to the big names in Automotive manufacturing
- Pride in best product and customer service
- Stable, profitable company
What they provide their employees
- Excellent compensation and benefits package including bonus eligibility, extremely cost affordable medical / dental / vision plans, life insurance, 401k, short term disability
- 401k with match
- Health Care Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement Programs – choice of HSA or FSA
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- 14 company paid holidays
The Role you will play:
Provide leadership for all Engineering related plant activities including process, support, capital improvement, process improvements and new-model development ensuring the safety and environment. Oversee the design, planning, maintenance of equipment, machinery, and buildings while ensuring safety, environmental, and KPI requirements are met. Direct reports: 5 to 8 associates. Reports to the Plant Manager.
- Manages plant capital budgets / oversee all capital projects
- Develops long term improvements/capital plan
- Develops strategic departmental long and short range plans to support the company vision and mission
- Develops Engineers and Specialists through coaching and training activities
- Leads and/or participates in problem solving activities regarding quality, mechanical, and process concerns.
- Coordnate resources to provide process support and maintenance support.
- Assists with hiring of engineering and maintenance personnel
- Conducts employee performance reviews
- Maintains and updates operation and training manuals for the maintenance of and engineering department
- Monitor operation of plant equipment and systems
- Tracks, analyzes, and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Ensures compliance to city, county, state, and federal regulations
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program
- Communicates directly with production operations to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas
- Coordinate resources to provide process support and maintenance support
What the ideal candidate needs:
- Experience in Tier One / OEM Automotive Manufacturing sector
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field
- 7-10 years’ experience in maintenance and an engineering function
- 5 years leadership experience
- Trade certifications preferred (Lean Certificates, Robotics, Electrical Controls, Welding, Hydraulics, Procurement, etc.)
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate computer skills including the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated , energetic with the ability to think outside the norm
- Practice Safety at all times.
- Must lead/support 5S activities for all MRO and component areas
- Practice Continuous Improvement
- Strong leadership and communication skills (oral and written).
- Adaptable to the changing daily production requirements
- Ability to coach, council, and mentor associates
- Ability to halt or suspend operations based upon safety or quality concerns.