MANUFACTURING ENGINEER, Fabrication Orangeburg, SC
- Award Winning Manufacturer of Consumer Products and a World Leader in outdoor products
- Over 330 years of innovation and production
- Community Involvement
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits and Salary Program
- Medical Plans to choose from plus Dental, Vision, and prescription plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts available
- STD and LTD Coverage plans plus a variety of other plans related to health, accident, etc. are available
- 401K with Match
- Chance to be part of a proud team manufacturing award winning products recognized worldwide
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The primary focus is identifying and implementing process improvements and cost reductions using accepted industrial engineering and lean manufacturing methodologies. This position will also support various projects related to new and redesigned project launches. Project Management experience is needed. Reports to Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Design special assembly tools, fixtures, and equipment to be used for the assembly processes
- Develop detailed drawings with tolerances and proper material call out for assembly tools, fixtures, and equipment
- Designing new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones
- Purchase, and install equipment, fixtures, specialty assembly tools, product lift assists, and storage devices
- Develop new manufacturing processes, including layouts, PFD, PFMEA, CP, Work instructions, training materials.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating Maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service
- Plan utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiency of operations
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production process flow diagrams, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment
- Troubleshoot daily manufacturing issues
- Occasional travel to domestic sites
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field from a 4 year college
- 7 years or more of relevant experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fabrication Experience (Press/Weld/Laser/Press Brake)/manufacturing / Assembly Automation Experience
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methodologies and principles. Formal training and experience implementing lean strategies to improver process flow and reduce cost is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawing requirements and specifications
- Computer skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and AutoCAD
- Ability to read and interpret drawing requirements and specifications is required.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills are required.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required.
Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment is required