We are a leader in industrial grade food processing equipment. We are actively searching to hire a Mechanical Designer/CAD Administrator position in the Beaver Dam, Wisconsin area. This position offers opportunities for growth and leadership in developing and maintaining CAD and PDM systems.
- Evaluates design changes, specifications, and release of project drawings for modification and installation and obtains necessary approvals.
- Conducts engineering design evaluations for compliance with engineering principles, standards, and customer requirements.
- Specifies needs for various components with vendors, evaluates and orders necessary items (pumps, motors, valves, controls, etc.)
- Reviews project scope to ensure mechanical and electrical design complies with customer expectations.
- Establishes our engineering/design standards and specifications for CAD and document management system utilizing industry standards.
- Ensure consistent application of these standards.
- Load and modify existing CAD documents into the document management system as required.
- Develop and maintain standard document management operating procedures as well as drawing standards.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolution of routine design and test issues.
- Participates in design review meetings covering approval drawings and layouts, dimensional attributes, machine specifications, utility requirements, serviceability, sanitation, and other attributes.
- Assists with the development of operations and service manuals for assigned projects.
- Works closely and communicates with other Project Engineers, Sales, Applications, Manufacturing, Installation, and Service to resolve design issues, change orders and approvals.
- May represent the company in matters of coordination and technical assistance related to the detail design drawing aspect of the project.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Mechanical Design, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in latest computerized design applications including 3D modeling (e.g. AutoCAD, Creo, Solidworks, Inventor). (Creo preferred)
- Experience with Document Management software. (Windchill preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in manufacturing related design work (approval, assembly, and detailed production fabrication drawings)
- Strong analytical and problem solving, verbal and written communication skills to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively check all drawings for errors or deviations from standard practice prior to submittal to customers or manufacturing.
- Experience within Food & Beverage and/or Pharmaceutical industries a plus.
- Certification within CAD industry a plus (i.e., Autodesk, SolidWorks, Creo)