Apply for the MES Engineer – Syncade position
A large bio-pharmaceutical company in the Philadelphia, PA area needs an Sr. MES Engineer with Emerson Syncade experience to provide engineering and technical support for manufacturing execution systems (MES) and digital systems.
Great things about this company:
- Successful global bio-pharmaceutical company that develops and produces vaccines and prescription medications!
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits!
- Many levels of engineering for growth plus the ability to move to other company location in US and abroad!
- Very low travel!!
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress you career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Provide technical support of site automation systems and network infrastructure. Primarily support site deployments of Emerson Syncade (MES). Examples of other relevant systems are Emerson DeltaV (DCS), Informetric Infobatch (reporting), and SAP.
- Collaborate with building stakeholders throughout the automation life-cycle: gather system/end user requirements; complete design, implementation, and testing/validation of changes; maintain documentation; maintain and monitor various systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with process controls and manufacturing execution systems; generate recommendations and then develop/execute solutions to correct and resolve.
- Drive continuous improvement and support capital projects.
- Adhere to, develop, and continuously improve the operation and maintenance procedures for process controls and manufacturing execution systems.
- Support the maintenance and upkeep of the operational technology environment through administration of systems, networks, databases, and accounts. This includes servers, hosts, and analytical equipment.
- Support site technology related to systems integration and digital transformation initiatives.
- Provide off-hours manufacturing support as part of an on-call rotation and provide subject matter expertise in support of regulatory audits & investigations.
- Work in a way that models respect for safety and EHS, quality compliance, data integrity, and engineering standards.
- BS/BA in engineering, life sciences, biology or equivalent technical discipline and 10 years of relevant technical experience
- Experience in design, programming, start-up, and troubleshooting of manufacturing execution systems (Emerson Syncade)
- Ability to diagnose problems, generate options, prioritize issues, select optimal solutions, and implement decisions/resolve problems
- A demonstrated ability to interact well with peers and senior personnel in multidisciplinary teams involving scientific, engineering, and operational disciplines
- Experience in the design, programming, and troubleshooting any of the following systems is preferred: Emerson DeltaV, Informetric Infobatch, or SAP.
- Experience coding Visual Basic, XML, HTML or similar languages is preferred.
- Prior experience in systems/account administration, network design, and server troubleshooting is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a GMP environment is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in current standards of control system platforms and computer system validation is preferred.