A leading provider of home improvement products sold through multiple channels including retail and online through Home Centers (Home Depot, Lowe’s, and Menards), co-ops, mass merchants, two-step distributors, and internet channels needs a National Accounts Manager.
The National Accounts Manager will manage, develop, and lead the implementation of strategies and programs to grow profitability and customer satisfaction at select accounts. This is a hybrid role that requires a home office and the ability to travel up to 40% when travel opens up. The ideal location is Charlotte, NC, or Atlanta, GA.
- Lead all account activities, including product line reviews, business reviews, product launches, and store program execution.
- Establish and maintain influential relationships at all levels of the organization
- Meet or exceed financial objectives, operational metrics, and customer service levels.
- Analyze sales data to identify trends and prepare periodic reports and business plans.
- Deliver accurate forecasts and other metrics with a focus on early identification of opportunities and challenges.
- Conduct ongoing market and competitive research and use that information to support short and long-term account plans and initiatives.
- Provide input to the business team on products, pricing, packaging, and merchandising.
- Ability to negotiate price increases
- Manage a network of independent sales reps and business analysts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or other related field
- 5+ years of successful selling hardware, building materials, plumbing, etc. into retail and online channels
- Experience with Menards and cooperatives (e.g., Ace, Do It Best, True Value) preferred
- Experience with Home Depot and Lowes preferred
- Experience with Amazon and Walmart would be a plus
- Business and financial acumen; solid understanding of account P&Ls and elements that drive profitability.
- Experience managing a budget and analyzing variances
- Microsoft skills including PowerPoint and Teams meetings
- Ability to travel up to 40% once the travel starts again