A well-established market leader for capital equipment in the metal fabrication industry is looking for a National Sales Manager to lead business development and marketing initiatives in order to grow sales. This is a highly visible, high impact role, and the successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in selling capital equipment to metal fabricating companies in both a direct sales and a team leadership role. The National Sales Manager will manage a territory while leading the sales team, and a small distributor and dealer network.
- Manage nationwide promotion and direct sales for an organization while leading sales for a territory
- Create an annual sales plan
- Coach, train, and develop a sales team to achieve challenging sales and profitability targets
- Analyze market information and provide ongoing intelligence to help develop targeted industries and applications, monthly sales activity reports, forecasting, and other relevant feedback.
- Lead the daily activity of a sales team in prospecting new customers and growing existing customers
- Lead the sales team to successfully develop effective win strategies to close deals
- Set a strategy for sustainable multi-year profitable growth
- Develop, measure, and maintain sales performance metrics and forecasts.
- Manage an opportunity pipeline to increase the size, number, and capture rate of opportunities.
- Lead weekly sales meetings and oversee customer visits which will include travel with the Sales Team.
- Support new business development, trade shows, and marketing efforts.
- Identify prospects and target major industry players
- Remain current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and other cross-functional team members
- Travel – up to 50%
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Background in management or leadership roles with progressive responsibility.
- Sales management experience
- 5+ years of sales experience providing solutions to metal working companies
- Business Development / Hunter mentality
- Marketing experience preferred
- Manufacturing Operations experience would be a plus