Well-established company has been in business for 75 years with sales of around $10 billion. Due to promoting their Operations Manager, this global foods manufacturer is looking to hire the next Operations Manager to be promoted in 12-18 months! This role is responsible for overseeing all operations including planning, managing, directing, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing, maintenance, and quality. Offering fantastic benefits and this company is a big believer in continuous improvement and upper ward mobility.
- Establish a culture of engagement and set the strategic direction for the team.
- Strategic involvement with leading continuous improvement initiatives using Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma and similar principles
- Monitor, exceed, and maintain production standards for efficiencies, material waste and quality.
- Directly supervise and manage 10 direct reports and up 225 indirect employees across several departments and a 3 shift operation
- Ensure employee productivity, facility safety, and maintenance activities while working in conjunction with other managers and supervisors
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven experience leading CI initiatives and turning around a struggling operation
- 10+ years of foods, cpg or packaging manufacturing experience
- Must have foods, packaging or consumer products manufacturing experience
- Must have the capability to be promoted to a plant manager in 1-2 years
- Experience managing managers within a manufacturing setting
- BA/BS degree required; ideally in engineering, Operations, Management or leadership; MBA, Masters,
- Certifications Six-Sigma and or PMP are preferred
- Must be capable of problem-solving, multi-tasking, and working in a fast-paced environment
- Military veterans are a plus