A $5MM+ dollar Fruit & Vegetable Packing and Shipping Business (privately owned) is presently seeking an Operations Manager to lead the day-to-day activities of their packing operation with a focus on safety, quality, and productivity. It is a well-established, seasonal business that employs at peak season up to 40 individuals; approximately 8 to 9 full-time employees year round. The Operations Manager will report directly to the company’s board of directors / ownership group.
Excellent career opportunity for an experienced operations management professional to be part of a financially sound business that offers a challenging, yet flexible work environment as well as provides an exceptional work / life balance while working for a stable privately held business organization.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of prior business / operations management experience, ideally within the produce / agricultural industry involving the washing, sorting, sizing, and packaging of fruits and/or vegetables for the distribution to retail supermarkets, food service suppliers, and industrial food processors. Other food processing industry experience will also be strongly considered.
- Prior seasonal operations management experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience working with and compliance with all local, state, and national regulatory organizations like the USDA / FDA is very strongly preferred.
- Must be able to wear many different hats within the organization – operations, quality, maintenance, human resources, cost control, compliance, procurement, etc…
- Must be comfortable establishing and complying with budgetary restraints; controlling costs while maintaining the highest quality standards, time tables, and employee engagement, training, and retention.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the business are an absolute must.
- Must be computer proficient. MS Office Suite; ERP systems, etc…
- A Bachelor’s degree is desirable, but not an absolute requirement.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $80K to $100K base salary plus bonus up to 10%.