Due to success and growth, we have a Pacific Northwest manufacturing company on the search for an experienced Operations Manager. This Operations Manager will help their team through growing the business within an atmosphere of teamwork and pride in their business.
- Ensure continuous improvement within collaborating with the commercial, innovation, technical, materials, and engineering teams.
- Serve as a representative on regulatory issues.
- Enhance the operational procedure, systems, and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting, and look for opportunities to expand systems.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
- Develops a collaborative, customer-focused team culture with a primary emphasis on safety, quality, and flexible operations (indirect as well as direct labor).
- Produces products completed to customers specification on-time delivery with all required documentation.
- Leads the Assembly, Warehouse, Manufacturing Engineering, and Planning teams with particular emphasis on composition and headcount within the teams, the motivation and morale of employees and personal development and, where, appropriate, career aspirations of each member of the team.
- Manages the production budget within agreed budgetary constraints.
- Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control, and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department.
- Oversees trade compliance control on Customs operation for FTA, country of origin, Customs audit, international import/export control.
- Controls inbound freight cost, duty & distribution cost within agreed budgetary constraints.
- The experienced operations manager will ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Achieves safety, quality, delivery, cost targets, and new product introduction targets on the complete range of manufactured products
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Management or Business Administration
- 5 years of managerial experience.
- Experience in managing and motivating teams and in leading safety, quality, and other improvement projects.
- Demonstrated skill and achievement in implementing lean practices in a manufacturing environment. Greenbelt or Blackbelt is highly preferred.
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing operations.
- Solid experience with computerized MRP programs.
- Demonstrated skill and achievement in successfully delivering quality products on time.