Apply for the Operations Supervisor position
The search is underway for an Operations Supervisor that will perform duties to coordinate and support the E Commerce and B2B customers. This role will wear many hats in the process of maintaining all inventory-related functions in the warehouse. The Operations Supervisor will be exposed to many aspects such as managing inventory, requesting finished goods, determining pick sequences, assigning tasks and ensuring accurate completion of daily work assignments up and including shipping of products.
- Monitors production output
- Ensures the companies (SLAs) are adhered to.
- Meet or exceed daily production goals of cartons shipped.
- Authenticate the goods in the received shipments and maintain record of all discrepancies.
- Guide and ensure order pickers are working to pre-defined levels of production.
- Based on picking sequence, maximize the efficiency of order pickers by coordinating work assignments.
- Make sure shipping label creation and tendering of goods to selected freight providers are accurate.
- Operating company ERP software, system and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of all the inventory and stock
- Perform monthly inventory counts for the Operations Manager.
- Create, generate and distribute defined reporting on area efficiency and customer fulfillment activities.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Comply with safety procedures, maintain a safe work area and equipment operating rules, keeping the work area clean and orderly.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain a specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines
- Perform or assist with any operations to maintain workflow and meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional materials and supplies.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience or a Bachelor’s degree
- Must be proficient with Excel
- Exposure to WMS system, Red Prairie or Manhattan preferred.
- Proven leadership and motivational ability
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, shipping/warehouse and inventory requirements, operating and maintenance instructions, and quality and procedure manuals)