Are you a Plant Manager with injection molding experience in the automotive industry? Are you a Plant Manager who wants to be part of a manufacturing company that is experiencing strong growth? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client is a tier one and tier two supplier to the automotive industry. Business is strong!! As Plant Manager you will be responsible for molding operations at its South Carolina plant which is located about 45 minutes north of Columbia, SC. The plant has 60 employees, and you will be accountable for directing, coordinating and providing leadership for all plant functions in order to achieve production goals within quality & safety requirements to meet the sales and profitability objectives of the company.
PLANT MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish, maintain & improve production metrics for all departments and maintain production tracking systems including, but not limited to:
- Cost of Quality
- On Time Delivery
- Coordinate planning and schedule activities to ensure customer production orders are covered in advance of requirement due date.
- Manage the activities for the Manufacturing and Maintenance Departments.
- Liaison with all applicable departments to minimize any disruptions to production plan.
- Monitor daily production performance and work with department leadership to ensure correction actions are taken when necessary to meet production goals.
- Audit process compliance to work standards and enforce quality control programs.
- Assist with problem solving activities to improve areas of deficiency to performance metrics in all plant functions.
- Monitor associates compliance to company policies and work standards.
- Oversee production launch activities for all assigned departments.
- Coach and counsel direct reports on department and personal performance.
- Support continuous improvement activities through coaching of team members, assignment of personnel to support Kaizen events or quality circles and as a cross-functional team member.
- Participate in and support cost savings program to ensure corporate objectives are met.
- Support IATF16949 initiatives.
Your background for the Plant Manager should include:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- MBA a plus
- 10-20 years of manufacturing operations experience with at least 5 years in a leadership role with the ability to effectively delegate work and the ability to evaluate and positively influence performance
- Automotive experience required
- Injection molding experience required
- The ability to work in both individual and team environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Being self motivated and goal driven
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals, groups of associates or management representatives suppliers, and customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Competent with computer software including MRP systems and Microsoft Office products
There is NO relocation assistance offered. Our client is seeking local/commutable candidates.