A Plant Manager with this company must have the ability to lead in a way that builds trust with a passion to grow and develop self and others. – From the shop floor to executive leadership- the Plant Manager must have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels. He/she oversees daily operations of plant production and keeps production at maximum capacity while working within financial controls. Ensures all required quality and regulatory standards are met. Provides oversight to plant-level functions. He/she must be willing to hold people accountable after coaching does not work out.Job Responsibilities:
- Align objectives within each function to achieve the business strategic goals. These objectives will include safety, quality, reliability, productivity and people development.
- Develop a culture of high trust, clear metrics, leading indicators, ownership, and accountability.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the manufacturing objectives are accomplished and instill a culture of accountability to perform against these objectives.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Involved in overall plant operations which may include finance, manufacturing, engineering, materials, quality assurance/control, human resources and information systems.
- Optimize plant performance through the appropriate use of manpower, equipment, and resources.
- Set, measure, and maintain the highest standards for process standards, plant housekeeping, and safety.
- Observe daily operations to ensure facility performance is aligned to and achieve business objectives in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and people development.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience holding people accountable after coaching does not work out.
- Hands-on type of person who likes to walk the floor and get to know the employees.
- BS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or related concentration combined with a strong all-around business background.
- 5 or more years of 24X7 manufacturing experience including at least 2 years of Operations Management.
- Must be a “people person” type of manager to fit in this culture. Strong management skills are important.