he Extrusion Operator performs machine start-up, adjustments, and shuts down the extrusion equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures. The Operator performs work of a complex nature involving considerable skill and judgment in order to maintain foam quality requirements. Responsibilities / duties include;
- Perform duties in a safe manner to assure protection for themselves and others.
- Start and stop extrusion equipment in a manner as prescribed in the Operators’ Training Manual or Standard Operating Procedure.
- Operate all extrusion equipment, making all necessary adjustments, as necessary, in accordance with the Operators’ Training Manual or Standard Operating Procedure.
- Monitor and maintain all quality control specs of foam sheet.
- Report to Extrusion Technician or in some cases the Immediate Supervisor factors which adversely affect output or quality.
- Complete Production Reports, S.O.C. Sheets, Activity Logs, Roll Tickets, Acrison Check Sheets, or other reports accurately as necessary to monitor production process and quality foam products.
- Be responsible for housekeeping of assigned area.
- Assist with start-up or re-string of all extrusion equipment.
- Operate overhead crane hoists for removal of finished goods.
- Conducts food safety and defense self-inspections and reports on deficiencies.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Education/Work Experience: High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Language Ability: Must have excellent communication skills
- Math Ability: Proficient mathematical skills
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to systematically work through problems, can work with deadlines individually or as part of a team
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite