PLC / Robot Technician 1st shift or split shift (1030am to 630pm
Great opportunity working for a Global Company and one of the largest manufacturing facilities in South Carolina
- Award Winning Manufacturer of Consumer Outdoor Products
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits and Salary Program
- Chance to be part of a proud team manufacturing award winning products recognized world wide
This individual is responsible for supporting the manufacturing operations team by maintaining all machines and equipment in the weld art area of the factory.This person will be responsible for programming, troubleshooting, and PM of all fixtures & robotic cells. The primary focus of this position will be programming, troubleshooting, and PM of all fixtures & robot cells.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Create weld parameters and robotic weld path programs for OTC, ABB, Fanuc, and Panasonic robotic weld systems.
- Ensure all production equipment is properly maintained and in working order.
- Perform reactive, predictive and preventative maintenance within the facility through inspections, mechanical adjustments, electrical testing, lubrications, and repair of equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair machinery, electrical, pneumatic, PLC, welding power sources & peripheral equipment or robotic equipment.
- Maintain inventory levels of repair components for all weld shop systems mechanically & electrically and adjust spare parts lists as necessary
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and minimum of 4 years of PLC Trouble Shooting and Programming experience. Associates Degree in electrical systems or weld engineering would be a plus.
OTHER QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with little / no supervision is essential.
- Strong mechanical & electrical skills are required, along with knowledge of welding principles.
- Following repair manual procedures and programming manuals is a requirement.
- Experience with various measuring instruments, multi-meters, amp probes, pressure gauges, torque wrenches, etc.
- Required computer skills include but are not limited to: data entry into the Excel spreadsheets and use of PLC troubleshooting/programming tools. Experience with RS Logix, RS Linx, and understanding of robot & sequential control systems is required.
- Ability to size, select and install or use piping, wiring, circuit breakers, fuses, drills & taps
- Strong proficiency in interpreting weldment drawings and electrical schematics.
- Ability to properly use hand tools and power tools to repair, modify or fabricate equipment
- Strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data is required.
- Strong teamwork and oral/written communication skills.
- Good attendance and safety record is required, as well as flexibility and willingness to work overtime, off shifts and weekends.
(Allen Bradley &/Or Fanuc)