Our client is growing, and they need to add a Process Engineer to their staff. They are a well regarded thermoforming operation. Your duties will focus on new product development, support of capital equipment projects, process troubleshooting, and continuous improvement. This is a “hands on” engineering role reporting to the V.P. of Engineering. They are located about 40 minutes from Madison.
Sorry, no visa sponsorship is available at any time for this position
What you will be doing:
- Developing SOP’s for the safe and efficient production of thermoformed parts.
- Training personnel on the proper techniques to set up thermoform machines, process parts, confirm quality, and maintain machinery and tooling.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot production problems
- Work with the operations teams to reduce variability and improve production efficiencies.
- Setting up of 1st runs and documenting steps and specs required to effectively run a particular component.
- Create test parameters and participate in the testing, data analysis, and implementation of processes, equipment, and engineering solutions.
- Communicating pertinent details to all shifts regarding parts currently in process.
- Continuously monitoring process conditions to ensure efficiency is maintained and quality standards are sustained.
- Developing KPI’s based on the control of processes to improve efficiency and quality.
- Actively participating in the prototyping and development process so that samples/prototypes are produced in a timely manner and communicate suggested changes that would improve the quality of the part or the processing of the part.
What they are looking for:
- 4+ years’ experience working in plastics, with at least some thermoforming
- Associates degree (Bachelor’s is preferred) in a relevant technical discipline
- Strong troubleshooting skills, especially as it related to production equipment, tooling, and processes
- Continuous Improvement skills, including the ability to observe, analyze and document
- Ability to lead in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Familiarity with, or ability to learn, various statistical and quality methodologies including but not limited to: Statistical Process Control (SPC), 5S, 8D, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis, Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R), and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Prior packaging and GMP experience are pluses
- Medical, dental and vision insurances
- 401(k) with match
- Disability and life insurances
- Flexible spending account
- Paid vacation and holidays