****EXCLUSIVE RETAINED SEARCH****
My client is a leader in its niche industry of carbon and graphite products. They have launched a new production line to manufacture high temperature insulation material made from carbon bonded carbon fibers. They are seeking a PROCESS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER, who will lead the continued design and ramp up of this production line with the support of the insulation R&D manager and other members of the production team.
Excellent career opportunity for an ambitious process engineering professional, who is looking for long-term growth and advancement. High profile / high visibility position. This position is open due to promotion of the previous Process Engineer into a Production Management role.
- Must have a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, or Pulp & Paper.
- Must have at least 5 years of process development engineering experience ideally involving carbon fiber materials or pulp & paper manufacturing (a surprisingly similar process to what my client will be doing).
- Some kind of Slurry experience is required.
- Must have strong experience in developing, commissioning, and installing new process equipment.
- Must have new process development experience.
- Any kind of Thermal Processing / Heat Treatment of Non-Metallic products experience would be a huge plus.
- Must have strong experience using manufacturing analytical tools such as statistical process control (SPC), Design of Experiments, and process capability studies.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently, and to lead a team to complete projects within required time frames.