Product Development Engineer
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Client is seeking a Product Development Engineer with experience and education in Materials Science to join our growing, high-performance Product Research and Development team.
As an ESOP company, this manufacturer includes profit sharing and stock as a regular part of you compensation.
Position reporting directly to the Product Development Director of Advanced Technology, this position coordinates and fulfills the Product Development aspects of projects, including the following:
New Product Development and Improvement
- Performs R&D laboratory prototype design, construction and testing.
- Coordinates design efforts with drafting team and construction efforts with laboratory technicians.
- Creates and updates related documentation including standard operating procedures, technical process instructions and part specifications.
- Successfully introduces new products to the market.
- Develops and updates engineering part specifications in coordination with vendors and purchasing agents.
- Works with other product development teams to assist in new product development.
Marketing and Application Assistance
- Contact for questions related to existing products and components.
- Works with Marketing groups to include related material into product line catalogs and company website.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow standards – including ASTM, ASME, ISO, etc.
- Supports assembly mechanics and field technicians with questions related to existing products and components.
- Provide all departments with insight and information on the following topics:
- Corrosion – including galvanized steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- Material Properties – including galvanized steel, stainless steel (Austenitic/Ferritic), PVC, rubber, fiberglass, bronze and aluminum
- Failure Analysis – including fractography, metallurgical preparation
- Reactions between chemicals, water, and materials of construction
- Welding of steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- Application of adhesives, paints, and solvents
Education Requirements: B.S. OR M.S. Materials Science Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
Experience Requirements: Minimum 3 years related work experience