We have the need for two production supervisors for a West Side of Cleveland, Ohio client of ours. We need one for first shift and one for second shift. Here is the job description:
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Reports to: Production Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Shifts: 12 Hours – Days or Nights
The Production Supervisor is a member of the Operations Team and under the guidance of the Production Manager, is responsible for overseeing and coordinating production activities to maximize associate and equipment resources to meet or exceed production and quality standards, while maintaining the highest standards of safety. Assists the Production Manager in monitoring and reporting Key Performance Indicators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Must possess and effectively apply intellect, judgment, and management skills to achieve desired production performance results across all KPIs. Daily tracking and ownership of improvement for key KPI’s .
· Supervise and direct the work of direct reports across assigned shift. Identify projects to drive to reduce waste and increase efficiencies.
· Responsible for the shifts compliance to safety and environmental policies and for ensuring that all employees adhere to these policies, including basic housekeeping and 5S.
· Utilize time-keeping system to monitor and approve associates work hours.
· Effectively assist in projects related safety and process improvements.
· Enforces company policies regarding safety, GMP, and production
· Work well cross functionally with maintenance and quality to ensure optimal production and to ensure bottles produced meet specification.
· Ensure associates have the proper training and tools to perform their job effectively and efficiently.
· Under the guidance of the Production Manager, evaluates, recognizes, and disciplines associates assigned to shift.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Requirements/Work Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline or the equivalent in experience
· 1 – 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
· 1 year plastics blow molding operations (injection of preforms, 2-Stage, EBM, ISBM, IBM) preferred.
· Ability to read and/or write Spanish is a plus
· 20 – 45 direct reports
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office — MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Integrity: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Speaks openly and truthfully with team members and accepts responsibility for actions. Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality and fosters an environment where integrity, honesty and accountability flourish. Promotes transparent and accountable actions and acts decisively against dishonest conduct. Demonstrates the ability to gain confidence of their employees and customers by respecting the confidentiality and privacy of their concerns and needs and encourages collaboration, trust, foresight and listening between team members. Considerate of others’ points of view and treats others with courtesy and professionalism.
· Teamwork: Capable of being approached and easy to work with. Contributes to the success of the team, communicates clearly individually and in group settings while treating others with respect. Listens to others and works well within diverse groups. Consistently places team needs over individual needs and seeks input from people with different experiences and perspectives and recognizes the differences of opportunities to learn and gain by working together. Values and encourages unique skills and talents.
· Accountability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little to minimal supervision. Consistently meets all deadlines and follows through on completing tasks while holding self and other accountable for actions and/or appointed responsibilities and manages one’s own performance to proactively ensure team accountability.
· Problem Resolution: Demonstrates the ability to effectively problem solve and set priorities while delivering results in a timely manner and effectively obtains results through planning and delegation. Analyzes problems skillfully and uses data to reach solutions while demonstrating the ability to appropriately take calculated risks or escalates decisions to consult with others when appropriate.
· Communication: Creates an environment of open communication amongst team members while providing regular, consistent, and meaningful information. Actively listens carefully to others and ensures messages are understood. Demonstrates the ability to communicate information clearly, concisely, and thoroughly in a timely manner. Has the ability to tailor communication styles to the subject matter and to the needs of the recipient. Is credible and confident through communication and presentations and persuasively presents thoughts and ideas to the audience.
· Job Knowledge: Demonstrates relevant job knowledge and essential skills, such as work practices, policies, procedures, quality assurance, and technical abilities. Demonstrates self-improvement efforts to enhance skills and knowledge with changes impacting the job while adhering to workplace rules as well as to traditional or socially expected methods of doing business following processes and procedures.
· Continuous Improvement: Consistently finds ways to improve methods, processes and/or procedures to improve quality of work and to maximize efficiency. Quickly identifies process inefficiencies and takes independent action to make improvements. Willing supports new ideas while energizing others within the workforce to embrace changes that enhance efficiency. Understands and applies formal methods to analyze and eliminate non-value-added work and support process environments. Willingly seeks opportunities and shares different approaches to address problems while generating practical ideas and workable solutions to solve problems or address issues. Identifies and accepts failures as learning opportunities.
· Initiative: Ability to assess and initiate things independently with limited supervision required. Has the ability to manage resources to achieve results, while possessing the ability to manage multiple activities to accomplish goals. Actively seeks and does more than required or requested in the job and plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action when required.
· Planning & Organizing: Manages resources to ensure work is completed timely and accurately. Proactively anticipates potential problems and develops contingency plans to overcome obstacles. Anticipates deviations and plan and actively reorganizes work as necessary. Demonstrates the ability to manage time expertly to complete work ahead of schedule while utilizing available resources to complete work efficiently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities of, and the duties to be performed by, the employee occupying this position. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from, any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Company Describes Its Culture as: