Project Engineer Columbia, SC
Civil Engineering: Commercial and Residential Site Design, Industrial Site Design, Civil Infrastructure Design
Our client is a regional leader in civil engineering, transportation, land surveying, and landscape architecture services. They have been providing their services since 1963. This is a privately held company that values their associates. When people go to work here – they stay!!!
- Friendly collaborative atmosphere
- Successful, profitable company with growth and opportunities for development and advancement
- Opportunities to work on challenging projects for well-known companies
YOUR ROLE WITH THE COMPANY
Project engineering on land development, civil site engineering, and infrastructure projects. In this position you will be responsible for preliminary site evaluations, preparing reports, creating design and construction drawings, prepare technical specifications, and prepare permit submittals for land development projects
- Design plans and strategies related to civil engineering for client review and approval.
- Oversee and develop project plans and studies.
- Develop and foster client relationships in support of business development to secure new project opportunities.
- Analyze reports, maps, surveys, testing, and photographs to plan and design projects.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modification.
- Regularly evaluate designs to determine project feasibility, estimate quantities, and constructability.
- Interface with public agencies to provide support, permitting, and approval of project needs.
- Assist in the inspection of project sites to monitor construction progress and ensure design specifications are met.
- Read and interpret construction plans to assist with client management and effectively communicate to answer inquiries from colleagues, clients, contractors, or the public.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering With 4 or more years of experience in land (site) development projects, (site layout, grading, erosion control, water and sewer utilities and stormwater management…)
- South Carolina PE license (or ability to obtain)
- Must have AutoCAD Civil 3d experience.
- Stormwater management experience including design of detention ponds, infiltration systems, drainage systems, and familiarity with the SCDHEC Stormwater standards
- Must have hydraulic and hydrologic modeling experience (Hydraflow, StormCAD, or similar product)
- Familiarity with SC entitlement process is a plus