The Project Manager has a 2-part job:
1. Organize large customer orders (orders that include machinery or large assemblies) so that orders are fullycompleted, tested and ready for delivery on or before a specified date.
2. Ensuring that assemblies are completed correctly, helping with fixes and improvements in documentation and mechanical drawings, and communicating well, making sure everyone is on the same page.
– Assign resources
–>Help maintain companywide calendar and schedule for different active projects
–>Schedule people and meetings
– Follow-up on vendor deliveries and adjust schedules as necessary
–>find alternative options if parts are not available in a timely manner (different design, supplier, modify schedules…)
– Create target dates with the help of the salesperson and other engineering resources
– Ensure target dates are met
– Schedule more resources and ask for additional help where appropriate
– Track progress of assembly builds, resolve bottlenecks
– Communicate effectively with sales, management, suppliers and customer
– Help reduce installation time by ensuring machines are completed and tested prior to shipping
– Experience with AutoCad Inventor
– Strong communication skills
– Excellent organizational skills
– Experience with MS project or similar scheduling software
– Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
– Ability to attend to details and successfully problem solve
– Understands manufacturing, production floor, assembly, etc.