Project Superintendent / Design Build Augusta, GA
Our client is looking for project superintendents due to expanded opportunities and growth of the company.
About the Client
- Founded in 1994 – independently held
- 89% of projects are Construction Management @ Risk or Design+Build with involvement from preconstruction to final walk through
- Projects include: Healthcare, Commercial, Religious, Multifamily, Government
- Excellent record for on-time, within budget, quality projects
About the Job
The successful candidate will be responsible for the production aspects of the work and is accountable for: producing quality work constructed with the standards set forth in the project’s contract documents, Performing the work in a timely and cost-effective manner, and for maintaining a safe, clean, and organized work environment.
- Primary focus to provide managerial and leadership skills for subcontractors and self-performed workforce
- Safety is top priority – the superintendent is responsible for making sure safety guidelines are followed, safety checks completed, and regular safety meetings are held.
- Responsible for maintaining communications with project managers, subcontractors, customers, and others involved with the project.
- Establishing sequential schedules with subcontractors.
What the candidate needs to be successful in this position:
- 5+ years in a superintendent role for an established GC
- Some post-secondary education preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills -maintaining contact with all who are involved in the project
- Aggressive, but fair and reasonable in all business dealings involving clients, subcontractors, and co-workers (understands win-win contracting)
- Team Player with strong people skills – able to motivate and get “buy-in” for a successful project completion
- Goal driven, problem solver who is a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Organized, able to establish and stay on top of scheduling of subs and others, and to make adjustments as needed.
- Detail oriented yet able to see the big picture
- Budget conscious – always looking for cost savings and the best way to achieve goals
What this client offers you:
- Excellent compensation structure plus annual bonus and life insurance
- Retirement plan with match
- Opportunity for growth in an independently owned company – accessible communication with all levels including top management
- All work falls within about an hour of Augusta – allowing for work life balance
- Superintendents are the face of the work – regularly meeting with clients
- Vehicle allowance, gas card, cell phone, IPAD or Laptop
- Management that respects their employees and shows their appreciation