As Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible to organize, lead and coordinate the daily activities of the direct material purchasing group within the policies and procedures of our organization and in support of all purchasing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Further develop and maintain a high-performance team culture, resulting in continued success meeting functional KPIs and improved customer service levels.
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy, aligned with regional or global initiatives.
- Contribute to commodity strategies and action plans through close collaboration with the plant’s functional stakeholders.
- Manages competitive sourcing events and negotiate with Suppliers to minimize costs of materials and capital equipment for the site.
- Develop breadth and quality of supplier base for all procured items while maximizing efficiencies and ensuring optimal utilization of Supplier capabilities. Identify new Suppliers and work with existing Suppliers that will utilize techniques to minimize inventory levels and improve capacity.
- Direct, coach and develop a team for the Plant.
Education, Experience, Skills and Expertise:
- 5 + years progressive experience in purchasing, materials planning/scheduling, warehouse/logistics capacity in manufacturing (automotive, ferrous or non-ferrous metal, fiber, chemicals, component sub-assembly and other commodity materials).
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP/MRP II systems
- BS in Business, SCM or related discipline.
- Advanced degree.
- International Sourcing
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt/ APICS
- Experience with ISO quality system, Global Sourcing and material flow and Kanban/JIT, GD&T.