Apply for the Purchasing Manager (Supply Chain) position
- Manages the Procurement team. Assesses skill sets, develops team through regular performance management initiative.
- Prepares and executes monthly KPI reports supporting production requirements to ensure continuity of the material requirements
- Drives decisions that support internal/external programs, customers, and product/order commit dates
- Monitor, analyze, identify trends, and take action on Key Performance Indicators
- Enters, tracks, monitors and coordinates customer material and delivery requirements for proactive steps to avoid material shortages
- Adaptable, able to work in a constant change and dynamic production environment supporting high mix of SKUs
- Assume procurement responsibilities for new and existing products, including price, schedule, supplier selection, documentation write-up and terms & conditions.
- Managing supplier’s critical path delivery requirements in support of key program milestones
- Establish and maintain critical working relationships with Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance and Quality Assurance functional business areas
- Perform negotiations (supplier price, delivery, and exceptions to purchase order flow downs, i.e., Terms & Conditions)
- Participate and drive supplier development and management activity to achieve consistent cost reductions (PPV) , lead time reductions, and quality improvements with leveraged buying strategies
- Assist and contribute to the fulfilment of budget and strategic plans of the company within your control.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing or equivalent, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in Supply Chain Management and Procurement in a multi-functional team environment.
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership role with direct reports
- Professional ASCM designation in Supply Chain Management (SCMP) desired
- ERP/MRP experience with JDEdwards is desired
- Experience in data analysis and supplier performance metrics
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office tool suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ERP systems, experience in JD Edwards is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications is required
- Knowledge of composite based products is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with internal customers and suppliers
- Strong knowledge of purchasing principles, tendering processes, supplier selection, supplier management, including relationship development with both suppliers and direct reports.
- S. Department of Defense procurement experience and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS) as well as International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is required
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing techniques and procedures is required.
- Must be able to meet Canadian Controlled Goods requirements