Apply for the Quality Control Inspector position
We’re excited to be partnering with a global supplier of manufacturing and engineering services, specializing in custom machinery, precision fabrication, automated systems, and contract manufacturing. They deliver sophisticated manufacturing solutions for industries including engineered materials, semiconductors, robotics, life sciences, energy, industrial technologies, and more. This family-owned business has a great culture and lots of opportunities for career growth and advancement.
We’re seeking a Quality Control Inspector with a focus on Laser Tracker & CMM operation and programming. A typical day will be spent in the QC area, a climate-controlled clean area, and on the industrial shop floor. This position reports to the QC Manager. It is a full-time first-shift position located at the state-of-the-art facility near Buffalo, New York.
This is a great opportunity to join an amazing team and help them deliver innovative manufacturing solutions that make a difference in the world. If you have what it takes, apply today!
The hourly rate is $31-36/hour + overtime.As the QC Inspector, you will be responsible for working with fabrication drawings, CAD models, and PCDMIS software to develop and edit programs and inspect parts on a large format CMM and Laser Tracker. You will troubleshoot issues with equipment and programming, including validating with alternate measurement devices. Inspect various parts utilizing traditional precision measuring tools and equipment. Conduct visual inspections including cosmetic and weld. Document inspection results according to internal and customer requirements. Understand and communicate inspection results with internal customers and assure accurate results.
The QC department is busy and the QC Inspector will be eligible for overtime. Management is awesome and will provide continuous feedback, annual reviews, and periodic one-on-ones. The company has the benefits of a large company but a small company feel.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in QC inspection and CMM operation/programming in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, custom equipment manufacturing a plus
- Must be able to read and understand part fabrication drawings and CAD models
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and applying the methodology to inspection practices
- Fluent in precision measuring equipment including, but not limited to micrometers, calipers, gauges, and profilometers
- Experience in Laser Tracker setup and operation
- Experience in CMM set-up and operation, large format experience
- Experience using CMM programming software, PC-DMIS software preferred
- Experience with portable measuring arms a plus
- Familiarity with material types and properties
- Must be able to apply basic math skills to inspection practices
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Travel to client or supplier sites as needed