Apply for the Quality Engineer position
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Mason City, IA
Job Summary: The Quality Engineering focuses on product launches and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System. Use customer requirements, APQP/PPAP processes and ISO 9001 QMS to facilitate product launches and continuous improvement efforts at supplier locations.
· Support product launch efforts to ensure quality principles are integrated into the launch process including APQP (PFMEA, Control Plans), PPAP and safe launch processes.
· Work as a customer liaison regarding quality issues both at company and related supply chain organizations.
· Support activities related to maintaining supplier/Tier 2 quality assurance.
· Responsible for driving and maintaining continuous improvement efforts related to customer satisfaction and internal processes.
Education & Experience:
- Experience with APQP processes specifically related to product launches.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 9001: 2015 quality systems.
- Experience in developing and managing a supplier quality assurance system.
- Hands-on experience continuous improvement background using Six Sigma and/or Lean methodology.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and GDT principles.
- Strong problem solving skills using Six Sigma and Lean principles.
- 2-5 years + years experience operating quality measurement equipment in a production environment.
- Foundry knowledge a plus.
- Familiar with CNC machining processes a plus.
- Familiar with CMM, laser scanning, x-ray and LPI measurement systems.
- Certified Quality Engineer a plus.