Are you a Quality Engineer who wants to move out of automotive? Are you a Quality Engineer who wants to play a key role in the continued growth of our client’s manufacturing plan?
Our client is a non-union manufacturer supplying OEMs in the lawn and garden and agricultural industry. The culture is very employee focused and collaborative. As Quality Engineer, reporting to the value stream Quality Manager, you will plan and direct activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for manufacture of electromagnetic clutches, brakes and associated other components. You will Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation of these products, utilizing knowledge in engineering mechanical and electrical fields. You will be responsible for scrap reduction and problem resolution with customer concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process-related concerns.
- Assists Quality Manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system (e.g. 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.).
- Develops and conducts training as required to build quality awareness.
- Interacts with customers to resolve concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Interfaces with Engineering and Operations to ensure that new products transferred to Production are manufactured in accordance with approved processes and prints.
- Works with the Quality Associates to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Conducts audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audit-finding reports and determines proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyzes product failures and initiates the corrective and preventive actions required to respond to customer complaints.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the overall activities of receiving inspections and final product acceptance inspections.
- Ensures timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Monitors supplier performance and conducts supplier audits when required.
- Provides exceptional product and customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Consistently performs all responsibilities, essential functions and tasks to Company expectations, quality standards and profitability goals.
- Treats everyone, including our vendors, clients and customers with dignity, respect and professionalism.
- Communicates in person, over the phone, email, and internet or in writing in a positive, professional and helpful manner.
- Promotes a positive work environment in every action, every day.
- Adheres to all safety rules and reports questionable conditions to VSM.
- Applies and recommends Lean practices.