Quality Manager opportunity with a division of a Global Leader in Automotive components and products.
- Manages Quality Engineering functions, providing direction and support.
- Maintain, and revise the quality system to meet and support ISO 9001 /IATF-16949
- Facilitate training of personnel in the use of inspection and testing methodology and technique including the use of gages, instruments, and Statistical Process Control necessary to ensure product quality.
- Work with Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing to resolve problems relative to product design, specifications, material, tooling, and production operations affecting quality.
- Prepare quality reports.
- Maintain vendor quality systems relations and facilitate vendor development process as necessary.
- Responsible for Environmental Standards (ISO 14001) and audits
- Train associates on new quality related standards or procedures.
- Manage, audit, and maintain all procedures related to the current industry standards.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited College or University.
- Five years minimum experience in quality control.
- Three years’ minimum experience with ISO 9001/ IATF-16949, auditing, SPC, structured problem solving, and project management methodology required. Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or Certified Quality Manager (CQM) certification would be a plus.
- Management and leadership experience with automotive background in quality required.
- Extensive knowledge of Statistical Process Control, Advanced Quality Planning, Problem Solving Techniques and other Quality Systems.
- Excellent Communication skills are very important.
- Six Sigma and Lean Green Belt certification is required.