**Background with metal processes is required**
Quality Manager Summary:
The Quality Manager is responsible for all quality deliverables. They will establish and review annual quality improvement plans as well as plant operational plans. They are responsible for continuous improvement in quality key measure performance and customer satisfaction for assigned area.
Quality Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible to ensure that all QE deliverables (e.g.: Quality Objectives, MSA, Control Plans, Part Inspection, Capability Studies, and Customer PPAP) are executed on time and to the appropriate level of detail.
- Develop key customer relationships in the supplier quality area for successful execution of our launches.
- Ensure the adherence to policies and procedures outlined in the TS 16949 Quality System.
- Develop key internal relationships, with the goal of removing roadblocks and resolving issues for successful execution of our launches.
- Develop QE resource budgets and staffing needs, participate in the interview process and add resources, as they are required.
- Develop and execute Individual Development Plans and performance reviews for each QE.
- Actively participate in program reviews and phase exits reviews.
- Prepare a monthly assessment of all PLUS QE deliverables for the programs within their area of responsibility.
- Advanced Quality Planning including Quality Planning and Control Plan standard, FMEA’s, PPAPs, Dimensional layouts, gage/fixture design, and performance/material testing.
- Advanced statistical concepts, design of experiments, and problem solving methodology.
- Leads quality function within their area of responsibility, typically providing direct leadership to Quality Engineers.
- Provides leadership to a large area of responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills to ensure proper customer relationship.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Must have recent experience in Automotive Industry.
- Specific education and training in Quality disciplines including, at minimum ISO/TS16949, Continuous Improvement, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, DoE, SPC.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- High level of business ethics and integrity.
- Knowledge of TS16949 Quality Systems.
- Experience with the APQP system.
- Excellent problem solving skills.