My client, an International Manufacturer with over $900MM in global sales, is a leader in its niche industry of carbon and graphite products. Their operation in Central Michigan, near Saginaw, is growing and in the midst of establishing a U.S. based R&D Center. With that in mind, they are presently seeking a R&D MATERIALS ENGINEER, who will be their CVD coatings expert. This position is a unique opportunity that offers a diverse series of technical challenges and a variety of responsibilities.
Excellent career opportunity for an ambitious materials engineering professional, who is looking for long-term career stability and diverse technical challenges – an ability to take R&D research from concept to application and then onto manufacturing. High profile / high visibility position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. My client cannot provide Visa sponsorship at this time.
- Must have a minimum of a Master’s degree or higher in (Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering)
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years of industry experience involving CVD, High Temperature processes, and material characterization. Will not consider anyone, who has no industry experience. Exclusive experience from academic labs will not be considered.
- Any experience involving epitaxial growth of thin films is a big plus.
- Project management skills is a must.
- Proficiency in experiment design and data analysis (DOE, ANOVA)
- Understanding of FMEA, PFMEA, SPC, Six Sigma concepts is desirable.
- Computer programming (C, VB/VBA, PLC Ladder Logic) is a plus
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry processes through education, internships or experience is strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $80K to $100K base salary plus 7% bonus.