Top ranked regional CPA firm is searching for a talented R&D Tax Manager. We provide a wide range of tax and related consulting services to individual and commercial clients in a variety of industries.
We offer a rewarding career path for exceptional and motivated individuals, within a reasonable work / life balance. From the moment your employment begins, you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects that will give you the opportunity to stand out and make a difference. We offer high base salaries and bonuses, relocation and visa assistance, and exceptional opportunities for career growth. If preferred, either a hybrid or a permanent home based role may be available.
- Assumes responsibility for performing and completing credit studies (e.g. research and development credit) with accompanying documentation and final client work product, with limited supervision.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced technical skills necessary for advising clients.
- Performs all tasks related to client service and sees that assignments are accomplished within budgeted time.
- Delegates and manages tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts to assist the Auditing and Accounting Department with larger clients. Assists audit and tax partners, directors and managers with credit calculations and support.
- At least five to seven years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in tax complexity, scope, and research.
- At least two (2) years’ experience representing clients before taxing authorities.
- Minimum one (1) year experience supervising and directing work of tax preparers.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
- A current and valid certified public accountant’s license or law degree. Candidate’s without a current CPA license nor law degree must be working towards their CPA license.