Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages production line staff to attain production and quality goals.
- Identifies daily production challenges and find solutions to prevent reoccurrence and meet production schedules
- Partners with the Production Manager, Production Planning, and Materials departments to direct production operations in accordance with established priorities and sequences for manufacturing products using knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities and skilled labor.
- Analyze production schedules to estimate work requirements for completion of job assignments and adjust to meet scheduled requirements. Communicates with prior and later shift supervision on schedule/order status as well as known priorities. Notifies Production Manager of unplanned downtime, excessive scrap or risk of not meeting schedule/order requirements per downtime escalation procedure.
- Responsible for attendance and schedule adherence to schedule, tracking and management. In addition, PTO tracking and management.
- Monitors production status hourly, remove bottlenecks and take corrective measures to ensure daily goals are met. Coordinates with Team Leader and other support function as needed to immediately correct off-target line performance. Ensures compliance to visual management controls. Hour-by-hour performance tracking, KANBAN pull systems, Line OEE, scrap trends and improvement actions, downtime tracking and improvement actions, 6S audits trend and improvement actions.
- Supervises and assists in the set-up, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of various automated machines, assembly equipment and/or machining centers.
- Conducts daily startup meetings to review performance, establish short and long term performance goals, review initiative status, present company issues, and build a winning team spirit
- Institutionalize continuous improvement, data driven actions, and robust process controls. Ensure closed loop feedback from quality escapes to customer site to drive corrective action. Strengthen procedures and structure around production activities such as work flow planning, tracking and reporting progress, and troubleshooting.
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly personnel. Manages the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent discussions, coaching, and career development action plans
- Track and present key performance indicators (KPI’s), lessons learned, and corrective actions monthly.
- Support cross-functional activities for new product development.
- Deliver effective change leadership – driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues
- Responsible for standard creation and updates to standard work
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- 3-5 years prior supervisory or team leadership responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of an ERP system (Oracle)
- Strong inter-personal, communication and organizations skills.
- Strong planning skills and the ability to direct and lead by example.
- Self-directed and motivated to achieve manufacturing excellence in assigned area – drive for results
- Personal ownership and accountability for safety and production performance.
- Ability to interpret data and clearly present conclusions and improvement actions that are needed.
Knowledgeable in ISO/TS 16949, ISO14001, and OSHA requirements