A large discrete manufacturer is looking for a Senior Director of Engineering to lead all aspects of the engineering department for one of their growing divisions. They will work closely with the senior leadership team to develop the group business vision and strategy, and then translate it into a vision for the engineering function. We are looking for someone who has experience solving supply chain issues, has led factory automation projects, and has an equally strong combination of software and hardware engineering expertise.
In addition, the Sr. Director of Engineering will oversee the daily workflow of the department and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. They will collaborate with senior leadership to direct product management and other functions in the organization. They will develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and business systems. They will direct new product development and operational excellence initiatives.
This is a high-visibility role where you can make an impact and grow with the organization. It is an outstanding opportunity with an awesome company where you can make a difference and be appreciated for your skills and accomplishments.
- Engineering Vision and Strategy
- Work closely with the senior leadership team in developing group business vision and strategy and translate such into a strategy and vision for the Engineering function.
- Build a deep understanding of products, customer experience, and drivers of revenue growth to develop products and technology in collaboration with Product Management that supports defined objectives.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Direct New Product Development & Operational Excellence initiatives
- Lead the engineering development, design, testing, and implementation of new products into manufacturing.
- Drive a Continuous Improvement mindset and provide coaching, training, and support with the organization of these initiatives.
- Engineering Management
- Oversee the daily workflow of the department.
- Ensure that projects are completed within budget in an efficient, economical manner.
- Manage and oversee 3rd party vendors including software development supplier partners.
- Collaboration Across the Organization
- Collaborate with leadership, product management, and multiple functions within the organization to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and business systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Master’s degree preferred
- 15+ years of product development and management experience
- Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Mechanical and Electro-Mechanical experience
- Experience in software design and development preferred
- Proven record of meeting project deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures
- Project management skills
- Experience with 3D modeling software (AutoCad)
- Excellent math skills