Our client needs a Senior Radiographer, Level II minimum. They manufacture components for the military and aerospace and are in the process of moving to digital radiography. As a member of the quality department, you will help them create and test critical components for their customer base. You will help to grow their NADCAP NDT capabilities (Film and Digital radiography, fluorescent penetrant inspection) to meet the increasing demand for advanced components. This is an excellent, well-established company that is on an aggressive growth curve.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What you will be doing:
- Perform radiographic operations including selection of appropriate techniques, positioning of materials, exposure of film, developing techniques, etc. to identify and assess defects in components and repair welds.
- Perform all darkroom procedures to develop film and/or process digital radiographic images.
- Interpretation of results to determine whether parts pass or fail inspection based on knowledge of codes, standards, and customer specifications. Prepare necessary documentation and certification.
- Review new customer orders to help determine proper processing through X-Ray operations.
- Assist in maintaining the radiographic inspection area, inspection room and radiographic equipment as needed.
- Maintaining accurate records of inspections and process logs as required by the method
- Participate in Nadcap accreditation activity
- Desire to increase technical and leadership skills in the field of Non-Destructive testing (NDT).
What they are looking for:
- Post-High School education in NDT or a technical field preferred.
- Certification to Radiographic Testing Level II (RT Level II) is required, preferably Level III.
- Manufacturing or component level work, not pipelines
- Experience with SNT-TC-1A, NAS-410 or MIL-STD-271 for NDT are highly desired.
- Experience with DDA (digital X-ray) protocols or DDA Level 2 certification desirable.
- Able to work independently and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong work ethic, high attention to detail, and team player.
- Desire to increase technical and leadership skills in the NDT field.
- Good communication and computer skills.
- Interest in earning advanced certifications in additional NDT techniques such as liquid penetrant inspection (FPI, MPI) with a longer-term goal to achieve Level 3 certification.
- Health, dental, vision, disability & life insurances
- 401K match of 3% when you put in 6%
- Profit sharing
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Educational benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation assistance