Second Shift Orangeburg, SC
- Award Winning Manufacturer and World Leader in outdoor Consumer Products
- Over 330 years of innovation and production
- Large Facility – 1600 plus employees
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits and Salary Program
- Medical Plans to choose from plus Dental, Vision, and prescription plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA available
- STD and LTD Coverage plans plus a variety of other plans related to health, accident, etc. are available
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Life Insurance (no cost to employee) and Life Plans available for spouse and children
- 401K with Match
- Participation in gain share bonus program
- Chance to be part of a proud team manufacturing award winning products recognized worldwide
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for machinery maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing, upgrading and installations within a high-volume work environment.
- Performs reactive, predictive, and preventative maintenance within the facility, to include lubrication, inspections, repair of equipment
- Read and understand mechanical prints and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Troubleshoot and repair machinery, electrical components, pneumatic equipment, and hydraulic equipment:
- May perform fabrication of equipment (welding arc and gas)
- Observes mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
High School Diploma or General Education degree (GED) plus a mechanical or electrical journeyman’s card and / or 5 years of mechanical or electrical experience and/or a minimum of 3 years mechanical or electrical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associates in Maintenance Technology from a Tech College preferred or High School Diploma/GED
- 3+ years of mechanical and/or electrical experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing facility in maintenance and preventative maintenance
- Proficient mechanical & electrical skills required, in addition to basic mathematical skills
- Blueprint reading skills, knowledge of the NEC 70 (national electric code) and knowledge of OSHA CFR 1910.217 needed
- Experience with various measuring instruments, muti-meters, Amp probes, thermocouples, torque wrenches is required
- In depth knowledge and practical application experience in electrical, electronics, PLC’s, cutting/welding hydraulics, pneumatics, and conveyor systems is required.
- Strong knowledge of Preventative Maintenance procedures is required
- Computer skills to include: data entry into CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) and use of PLC programming tools. Experience with RSLogix, RS Linx, and RS Panelbuilder is a plus.
- Ability to apply sizing and selection of: conduits, wiring, circuit breakers, fuses, drills and taps required.
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime, off shifts, and weekends as needed.
Hourly position but this is direct hire …not temp or temp to perm.
LOCAL CANDIDATES STRONGLY PREFERRED