Sr. Manager, Engineering & Facilities
Our client is a manufacturer and distributor of high end products targeted at the luxury market and premium buyer. Their business continues to grow and is a combination of in store retail sales and online sales.
What maintains their leadership position in the market is a mindset of continuous improvement, looking for how to do things better, and leveraging technology. They have created a new role of Sr. Manager, Engineering & Facilities to drive continuous improvement from a facilities perspective.
This position is ideal for an individual who is forward thinking, embraces technology enabled solutions, and with a strong background in project management and warehouse / distribution facilities.
This role has two key areas of responsibility: Facility & Warehouse Efficiency and Improvement, and Management of Facility Operations
Facility & Warehouse Efficiency and Improvement:
- Lead all areas within the site in designing, preparing and continually improving operational performance by leveraging mechanization and automation.
- Reduce facility operating cost by improving process and maintenance efficiencies.
- Reduce labor dependencies by recommending automated and mechanical improvements.
- Reduce material waste, improve energy efficiencies and streamline all processes to include assembly.
- Drive all TQM activities within the site
- Assess current practices for process / operational improvement, and lead initiatives to achieve these improvements.
Management of Facility Operations:
- Oversee the maintenance and facility organization, coaching the managers and other personnel to ensure they are developed for work class performance in their assigned jobs as they work with a safety-first mindset.
- Create yearly site capital budget in support of distribution, assembly, and returns while meeting environmental and safety requirements and improvements.
- Manage utilities and building service and maintenance budgets
- Mentor and coach all on site engineers
- Embrace, update and recommend FDA readiness/maintenance initiatives within the facility
- Interact with State and Federal agencies, local municipalities and communicate with facility management, Procurement, Legal, Finance, IT, and HR.
- Review and enforce all facility policies ensuring safe work teams
Skills / Experience / Knowledge:
- Seven (7) or more years facility engineering and operations experience in a distribution environment.
- Strong project management skills. Demonstrated experience improving facility operations
- Demonstrated experience with OSHA, FDA, NEC, and NFPA regulations and guidelines
- Experience in programmable controls and robotics
- Experience in facility documentation in the areas of certifying personnel, validating safety equipment, validating facility equipment operating and maintenance procedures.
- Familiarity with FDA guidelines a plus.
- Positive, spirited, inquisitive attitude a must. Team orientation. Highly collaborative.
- Embraces leadership and development of junior associates
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- Position is based in East Windsor NJ with occasional travel to Ohio and other locations.
This position offers:
- Professional growth both in terms of skills and knowledge and the opportunity to implement class leading solutions.
- Attractive compensation plan with base salary and bonus, along with comprehensive benefits.
- Career growth and advancement.