My client is a well established and stable manufacturer of custom automated manufacturing equipment / production solutions. Global sales for the entire business is around $500MM annually. They are presently seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join their machine design team. Will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing all aspects of the company’s custom automated machinery per customer specifications.
It is an excellent career opportunity to be part of a well-established custom automation manufacturer, who firmly believes in creating a positive work environment that encourages a good work / life balance. Plus its a company that pays its salaried employees overtime.
- BSME / MET or an Associate degree with a combination of coursework and experience is required.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of machine design experience is required – designs should include machined steel plate, sheet metal, shafts, bearings, pneumatic & hydraulic cylinders, and motor drive components.
- Must have strong hands-on experience involving 3D Solid Modeling using SolidWorks, and/or AutoCAD 3D / Inventor. Company primarily using SolidWorks.
- Experience, depending on the application, must include ability to size and select motors, gearboxes, bearings, couplings, pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders and other commercially available parts.
- Any design experience involving specialized winding machines is strongly preferred.
- Project Management and customer interface experience is required.
COMPENSATION: Salary range from $95K to $115K plus annual bonus up to 6% and paid overtime (straight time) for working over 45 hours.