This position will be responsible for the overall coordination and administration of the staff and legal support recruitment, orientation, and onboarding processes.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the recruiting campaigns for all non-legal staff and legal support positions. Duties will include but not limited to establishing recruiting plans with each manager, effectively sourcing a diverse pool of candidates, reviewing applicant resumes, conducting/scheduling interviews, and making offers to best-fit candidates. Provide reports and updates to Human Resources management on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement recruiting strategies to attract qualified candidates through job postings, social media, networking, and employee referrals. Continuously seek out job posting sites and staffing agencies that will diversify the pool of candidates for open positions.
- Maintain contracts with staffing agencies. Responsible for reviewing redline edits made by agency to the Firm’s standard contracts and renewing contracts when needed, consulting the Senior Manager of Human Resources when necessary. Process invoices from staffing agencies.
- Review, optimize, and maintain the Firm’s applicant tracking system relative to staff and legal support recruiting.
- Manages the orientation and onboarding processes for all non-legal staff and legal support positions. Ensure all new hires have an effective orientation and that their onboarding is completed up to the highest standards.
- Review and respond to feedback from onboarding surveys. Implement process changes when needed.
- Continuously stay informed of trends and innovative sourcing and onboarding techniques.
- Assist with ensuring the Firm remains in compliance with applicable local, state and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field preferred.
- Five years of recruiting experience required, within a professional services organization preferred.
- High proficiency with software.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent grammar, spelling, research, and writing skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate discretion when handling and communicating confidential information.
- Ability to perform and verify calculations on forms and documents.
- Ability to research and analyze various different types of data information.
- Maintain excellent customer service with all external and internal clients.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, with demonstrated initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Possesses interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff. Demonstrates a team player attitude and emotional maturity.
- Ability to thoroughly audit own and others work.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Ability to adjust work schedule and work outside regularly schedule hours when needed.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette are mandatory.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Ability to handle tasks under pressure.
- This position requires the employee to work at a specified location and hours determined by the Manager for the benefit of the department and firm. Changes to the location and/or scheduled hours must be approved by the Manager.