Apply for the Strategic Sourcing Manager position
We're excited to be partnering with a global supplier of manufacturing and engineering services, specializing in custom machinery, precision fabrication, automated systems, and contract manufacturing. They deliver sophisticated manufacturing solutions for industries including engineered materials, semiconductors, robotics, life sciences, energy, industrial technologies, and more. This family-owned business has a great culture and lots of opportunities for career growth and advancement.
We're seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager to help them expand their sourcing strength and take their supply chain to the next level. This full-time position is located at our client's state-of-the-art facility near Charlotte, North Carolina.
This is a great opportunity to join an amazing team and help them deliver innovative manufacturing solutions that make a difference in the world. If you have what it takes, apply today!
As the Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing plans that establish long-term agreements and secure the best suppliers for our client’s company. You’ll work closely with their leadership team to identify potential risks and growth opportunities within the supply chain. This is an independent position where you can make a huge impact on the organization and receive recognition for your contributions.To be successful in this role you’ll need to have:
- A sharp eye for detail and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining strong partnerships with primarily domestic suppliers.
- Identify and develop new suppliers and negotiate agreements that benefit both parties.
- The ability to read technical drawings and have familiarity with various manufacturing processes, such as machining, welding, and assembly will be important.
- Have experience dealing with a monthly supplier spend in the millions with a large and diverse number of products.
- Have excellent research and analytical skills, as well as strong negotiation and communication abilities.
- Develop KPI goals and analyze procurement costs to identify areas for cost reduction.
- Have a degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement or supplier development in the manufacturing industry