Are you a Structural Engineer with wood on wood residential experience who wants to play a vital role in the growth of our client company? Are you a Structural Engineer who lives within 250 miles of either NW OH or Grand Rapids, MI and would enjoy working remotely? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client is an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of fasteners, and business is booming. With a projected growth of over 63% in 2022 our client is adding a Structural Engineer to its team to play a key role in our client’s fastest growing product line. You will work remotely with travel to the manufacturing locations in NW OH and to the R&D location in Grand Rapids MI. You will also spend some time in the field.
As a Structural Engineer you will:
- Use knowledge of the building code, develop new products and generate ideas for fasteners and fastening systems for roofing, wall, and residential wood construction. Evaluate new code compliant applications for existing products
- Provide structural engineering design for multiple projects and products
- Determine creative solutions for a wide array of situations using fundamental structural engineering principles
- Coordinate project work with engineering team and reporting agencies. Establish code and evaluation reports (ICC-ES, DRJ, etc.) based on applications of ABC products in both residential and commercial markets
- Collaborate with engineering teams to build the innovation pipeline with opportunities and follow proposals through the stage gate process
- Provide technical assistance to customers and the sales team on products and their applications. Resolve customer issues in the field
- Assist in training team members in new products, evaluation reports, and technical data
- Develop content for new literature publications such as catalogs and technical bulletins, which will explain technical content promote the benefits of our products.
As a Structural Engineer your background should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering
- Registered Professional Civil or Structural Engineer. P.E. strongly preferred.
- 5+ years wood on wood residential construction related experience required
- Experience working with common light-framed wood and concrete construction and associated design methodologies. Experience with masonry, steel, and CLT construction and design methods a plus.
- Strong knowledge of both the IBC and IRC building codes. Working knowledge of construction industry standards.
- Proficient knowledge of residential building design and construction practices with field experience
- Knowledge of fasteners for wood, concrete markets in both residential and commercial construction with a strong focus on residential construction
- Knowledge of NDS
- Effectively and quickly solve customer problems and maintain productive customer relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Maintain a collaborative approach in dealing with other employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft software including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with AutoCAD, BIM software, Smartsheet, and MS Teams preferred
- Willing to travel up to 30%
You may work remotely if you live within 250 miles of NW OH or Grand Rapids, MI.