Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor
Consider enhancing your career by partnering with a 70-year manufacturer.
Complete responsibility for day-to-day activities of the department including the planning and delegating of workload. You will manage a staff of CNC programmers and manufacturing engineers, who create manufacturing methods and processes, including procurement of required fixtures, jigs, cutting tools, and CNC programs.
- Design tooling and manufacturing equipment of varying types for use in the manufacturing of the products.
- Create manufacturing processes, methods, and production plans including complete CNC machine programs.
- Supervise implementation of processes, methods, etc., to ensure acceptable utilization
- Supervise implementation of new equipment.
- Ensure the satisfactory operation
- Instruct appropriate staff to use the new equipment properly.
- Remain informed about new manufacturing technology and equipment and consider their potential applications to the company’s products.
- Generate manufacturing quotes and estimates.
- Review Estimated-To-Complete (ETC) to ensure productivity is within established manufacturing budgets.
- Participates in design reviews related to manufacturability and cost.
- Work with tool suppliers and recommend new tooling purchases or new technology.
- BSME degree or a closely related BS degree
- In-depth understanding of mechanical principles, machining practices, the properties of metals, and application of mathematics and dimensions to production equipment and tooling.
- Capabilities in manufacturing processes, phases, equipment, and tooling interactions to economically solve production problems effectively.
- Strong computer controlled machine tools applications.
- Minimum ten years of experience with a t least one year in supervisory/managerial responsibilities.
- CAD/CAM experience required.
- Mastercam CAD/CAM Software with Solid Modeling.