Responsible for product-cost estimating for both new and existing assembled aerospace products along with product-cost analysis.
• Generate detailed estimates utilizing information from past history, similarities or collective information from various departments in the organization.
• Acquire material pricing and coordinate all the information vital to produce and submit proposals to stakeholders.
• Use detailed spreadsheets and company-approved formulas to calculate the projected costs of proposed projects.
• Analyze and explain engineering drawings/blueprints and product specification requirements to evaluate and determine workforce hours and material costs.
• Identify manufacturing processes, tooling, fixtures, and test equipment required for manufacturing specific products.
• Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering and/or in Industrial Engineering preferred.
• Technical training certification in: FAR and/or Government Pricing and Proposal Development.
• Three or more years of experience in product cost estimating.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings/geometric tolerances and specifications.
• Knowledge of Bills of Material (BOM), routings, lean manufacturing procedures, tooling/fixtures, test equipment, etc.
• Solid understanding of shop floor machining, welding, sheet metal operations, assembly and testing.