The Tax Manager will lead complex tax engagements, manage staff workflows and deliverables, develop internal talent, oversee the preparation of complex tax returns and provide tax research and planning services to a diverse client base.
Goals & Objectives:
- Supervise the totality of tax engagements thru final document / return preparation for final Principal/Shareholder review.
- Plan and manage tax engagements ensuring compliance with applicable tax law, client satisfaction, within time and budgetary constraints.
- Participate in the firm’s practice development efforts by recognizing opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients and developing new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the firm.
- Coach, train, develop, lead and motivate more junior tax staff.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA certification required and or JD.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Senior Tax Accountant or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of pertinent IRC Sections and Regulations.