We are in need of a Tool and Die Service and Setup person for an eastside suburb of Cleveland, Ohio manufacturing firm.
Summary: Perform duties required to set up and change over all dies used in the stamping manufacture of various parts for company conveyer systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
- Work from work orders, verbal and written instructions.
- Make required changeover and setup of various die operations as production schedules dictate.
- Make certain dies are securely fastened in place and prescribed safety buttons or light ray fixtures are functioning.
- Test run to ensure correctness of setup prior to approving for production run.
- Perform various routine or minor repairs to dies, jigs, and tools such as grinding and sharpening dies, replacing punches, setting pins and gauges, disassembling and replacing worn or defective tool parts.
- Use various machine tools in making simple replacement parts for dies and fixtures.
- Schedule work in press room, including issuing stock orders, job routings, etc.; coordinate with other areas.
- Oversee levels of stock inventory, tooling, and parts to meet production requirements.
- Train operators in all facets of die setup tonnage monitors, programmable limit switches, and light curtains.
- Review setups as required and provide updated information for routings and die setup.
- Coordinate die repairs with die maker and supervision.
- Use inspection gauges, calipers, etc. to insure quality parts; make adjustments to dies to insure quality.
- Use forklift equipment and floor controlled overhead crane equipment as necessary to move parts and materials; use care to lift and balance loads properly; operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Exercise proper care in the use of tools, equipment, and materials.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material, improper operations, and unusual conditions to supervision.
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Observe all prescribed Health, Safety & Environment rules and regulations
- Fulfill responsibilities outlined in the QS Manual and Responsibility Matrices.
- Use machine tools, wrenches, clamps, fixtures and other holding devices, scale, micrometer, hand and power tools, and precision measuring instruments in toolmaking operations.
Use geometry, algebra, trigonometry and other shop math. Equivalent to 2 to 3 years trades training.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Over 1 and up to 3 years of previous qualifying experience and the period of adjustment on the job to perform duties effectively under normal supervision.