Our clients chose our team of TAS professionals to provide proactive advice from planning to close, helping them stay the course through the transaction process and maximizing the value of the transaction for them. As a Senior Analyst or Manager in our Transaction Advisory Services division, you will be a pivotal member of the team managing and executing financial diligence project work. From analyzing financial data and identifying key trends behind the performance of a business to discussing business performance and forecast assumptions with senior management, you’ll be integral in making sense of our client’s business profit drivers and trends.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze financial and operational results of businesses to be acquired or sold through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management.
- Gathering and managing data pertinent to the engagement, analyzing and inputting the data into financial models, and communicating the status of data with other members of the department.
- Analyzing target company data in support of financial due diligence engagements while developing a thorough understanding of business processes, key risk areas, and strengths and weakness of the target company.
- Creating reports that set out our findings and recommendations around the key financial and business issues in a transaction.
- Identifying negotiation factors for purchase price and deal structuring.
- Constantly researching economic and industry trends and technologies, as well as seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements to provide knowledge and insight to clients.
- Working with financial models for discounted cash flow, capitalized cash flow, market transaction/multiple, intangible asset valuation, etc.
- Performing ad hoc projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced understanding of economics, financial theory and principals of accounting.
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline-driven environment independently and within a team dynamic while effectively managing unexpected issues and/or questions in a professional manner
- Exhibits executive presence, intellectual curiosity and analytical thinking
- Capable of initiating and maintaining solid relationships with all levels of client personnel, as well as utilizing network and industry relationships to identify business development opportunities
- Strong attention to detail, organization, accuracy and reliability.
- Strong communication skills; we may be accountants, but we are also consultants
- The ability to work independently, multi-task and proactively communicate.
- Possess high standards of work output, deliver on commitments and take initiative.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products) and focus on using technology to improve processes.
- Entrepreneurial approach with a technical curiosity.
Education and Experience Required
- 2+ years of previous public accounting, corporate finance, M&A, or other relevant business experience for Senior Analyst; 5+ years required for Manager.
- CPA or CFA preferred; Other accounting related credentials are also welcome (i.e., ABV, CVA, CFF, CFE, CM&AA)
- At least 1 year of previous Transaction Advisory Services experience required for Senior Analyst; 3+ years required for Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.