The VMware Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will contribute to the technical engineering, design, and architecture of private and public cloud environments to run workloads securely and with a high level of resiliency and availability. The individual will contribute through a team that works to design, build, and support compute, storage, and networks in our private cloud environment.
The Cloud Engineer will have a wide range of engagement on projects and initiatives that may include:
- Private & Public Cloud integration to enable cloud presence and capabilities
- Driving best practice design patterns for existing VMware based infrastructure
- Emerging technologies to support key business initiatives
- Automation and improvement of existing technology infrastructure and platforms
- Deployment of VDI and Server workloads
The ideal candidate will have strong VMware infrastructure experience with customer-facing interactions with key stakeholders and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
This position is remote or onsite, and may require you to occasionally commute to one our offices for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. We’re proud to offer you flexibility, so remote candidates will be considered .
- 7+ years of success in complex deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications.
- 5+ years of enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management.
- 5+ years of experience with VMware technologies such as VSphere, ESX, NSX, and the vRealize suite of products.
- 3+ years of experience with VDI technologies such as VMWare Horizon or Citrix
- Recent VMware certification (VCP or VCAP preferred) with proven track record of applying knowledge to engineer, architect, or operate complex virtualized environments.