Apply for the VP / SVP of Operations, Engineering & Technology in San Leandro, CA! position
VP / SVP of Operations, Engineering & Technology
Engineering · San Leandro, California
We’re passionate about creating a new food system–one that pushes the boundaries of what anyone thought was possible and builds a healthy relationship between our food and our planet. This is a new era of sustainable production; we can use less and make more. Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to create the future of food—meat made from elements of the air.
As an innovative food company, we are crafting the world’s first air-based, non-animal meats to eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste, and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air into protein. our process is carbon-negative by design, using less land and water than animal meat production, and is powered by renewable energy. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
We’re currently seeking a VP / SVP of Operations, Engineering & Technology to join our extraordinary team
- Are you passionate about scaling process technology, from lab scale to commercial?
- Do you have experience managing capital projects and plant operations?
- Are you skilled at optimizing pilot and demonstration plants?
- Do you love creating a culture of safety on your teams?
- Have you worked with hydrogen and/or have robust knowledge of PSM?
If you answered yes to these questions, then WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Benefits & Perks:
In addition to the chance to work with a world-class team and cutting-edge technology to help combat climate change and address the impending food crisis, our employees also enjoy competitive benefits. We offer unlimited PTO, parental leave, 401K match, and compensation plans that include employee equity. We invest in employee development and the company culture is shaped by shared values:
- Protect people & the planet
- Play as a team and have a growth mindset
- Do what you say you will do
- Be the change you seek
- Create a culture of belonging
The VP / SVP of Operations, Engineering & Technology primary role will be to oversee the development and scale up of bioprocess to make novel ingredients from bench to pilot to commercial production. This includes overseeing the facility/plant builds, plant operations, and process optimization from H2 bioconversion through downstream processing. This position will be located in the SF/Bay Area and requires candidates to live in commutable distance to our facilities. Relocation offered.
- Lead scale-up engineering, design, and operations
- Oversee capital projects, facility, and plant builds
- Optimize full process for ingredient production
- Oversee further development & scaling of the technology
- Oversee engineering and technology R&D of CO2/H2 bioprocessing, downstream processing, PSM, and bioreactor design
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 20+ years of leadership experience in diverse technology & engineering environments
- 10+ years of supervising teams
- Experience with Hydrogen and/or strong Process Safety Management (PSM) expertise
Skills & Qualities:
- Strong leadership in safety, demonstrated
- Demands excellence in execution
- Able to develop new systems / scale up innovations
- Able to build and manage strong teams