Apply for the Wastewater Project Engineer position
Are you looking for a professional, yet fun, work culture where your voice can be heard? Want to solve challenging problems for local communities by combining engineering and technology? Are you interested in working at “the place to be”, where your ideas will be recognized, and growth opportunities abound.
If so, you should apply for this wastewater engineer position. You will conduct planning, design and construction engineering services for wastewater treatment facility and collection system projects. You will have three to seven years of experience and will directly support our staff, having ample opportunity to grow in technical ability, Project Management and client relationships. This position is intended to be based out of our Waukesha office (our Madison office location will also be considered) and will be critical to the growth of our water/wastewater team.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Design sanitary sewer, and new/rehabilitated treatment facility and pumping station plans.
- Write wastewater facilities plans and other studies supporting needed infrastructure improvements.
- Permit projects through the WDNR, State of Wisconsin DSPS, and local government agencies.
- Attend planning commission and municipal meetings during the evening as necessary.
- Build positive and productive relationships with clients.
- Assist with maintaining existing client base and generate potential leads.
Candidates for this position will possess the following education, experience and/or abilities:
- Initiative, a positive attitude and high attention to detail.
- Team player and business minded
- Bachelor’s degree, Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in Wisconsin or ability to obtain one within two years.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess previous wastewater treatment facility and sewage pumping station design experience. The position may also include project management responsibilities dependent on applicant experience.
We are a 100% employee owned company. When coupled with our flexible working environment, our engaged culture and our in-depth training and mentoring program, we have consistently received awards as one of the region’s top employers.
We offer a highly competitive compensation program with a cafeteria-style benefits package that includes:
- Generous personal time off and holiday programs
- Health, dental, vision, life, dependent life and disability insurance
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Profit sharing / performance bonuses
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Prepaid legal services
- Tuition reimbursement