Printing Group is expanding with national long term contracts and needs to add Web Offset Pressmen on all of their shifts. We are one of the largest, fully automated, hardcover and softcover
book manufacturers in the United States. We operate three trade facilities with the capacity to produce 375 million books annually.
Our Web Press Operators are responsible for safety, quality, production, crew training and
maintenance on 1 and 2 color web offset press; producing folded 16, 32 and 64 page
Our Pressroom currently has 3 Manroland, 3 Timson and 2 SHM Web Presses and we are looking for people with experience with Web Printing on these and similar presses (Heidelberg, Goss, Harris, KBA)
*** Relocation Assistance is provided ***
• Directs day to day operations of press crew (roll tender and stacker)
• Look over job schedule to assure proper materials are ready
• Coordinate with bindery, prepress and material control personnel to ensure that jobs
are done in a timely fashion to support bindery operations
• Check plates, paper and ink for each job
• Perform make ready operations, including size changes, rough front, for 2 up signatures
• Maintain correct fold, cut-off, cross alignment for each customer’s specifications.
• Make necessary adjustments and Maintain quality throughout the production run
• Complete all production reports
• Be able to troubleshoot problems in press, raw materials, plates, ink and job information
• Work with pressroom management and Technical Services to develop procedures for
quality and productivity on increasing complex jobs.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Previous Web Press Experience
• Experience directing a crew – Roll Tenders, Stackers, Helpers
• Must be able to work 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm or 7pm-7am) including weekends and holidays
• Work overtime as need