Our production group is expanding with national long term contracts and needs to add Web Offset Pressmen on all of their shifts.
We pay hourly with OT from $25 to $39.50 at the top of our scale for 5 + years experience with Benefits + Vacation + 401k w/matching
We produce High End High Color catalogs for some of the biggest fashion retailers. Our colors need to MATCH what the customer receives in the mail or the item will be returned!!
Business has expanded over the past year as more people buy from catalogs and we have increased by 30% year over year and are pace to exceed that this year!
Our Web Press Operators are responsible for safety, quality, production, crew training on 6 and 10 color web offset press; producing folded 16, 32 and 64 page signatures.
Our Pressroom currently has equipment like Heidelberg, M-600, Sunday Press and other “38 equipment and nothing larger.
We are looking for people with experience in Web Printing on these and similar presses (Heidelberg, Goss, Harris, KBA)
*** Relocation Assistance is provided ***
• Directs day to day operations of press crew (roll tender and stacker)
• Look over job schedule to assure proper materials are ready
• Coordinate with bindery, prepress and material control personnel to ensure that jobs are done in a timely fashion to support bindery operations
• Check plates, paper and ink for each job
• Perform make ready operations, including size changes, rough front, for 2 up signatures
• Maintain correct fold, cut-off, cross alignment for each customer’s specifications.
• Make necessary adjustments and Maintain quality throughout the production run
• Complete all production reports
• Be able to troubleshoot problems in press, raw materials, plates, ink and job information
• Work with pressroom management and Technical Services to develop procedures for quality and productivity on increasing complex jobs.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Previous Web Press Experience
• Experience directing a crew – Roll Tenders, Stackers, Helpers
• Must be able to work 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm or 7pm-7am) including weekends and holidays
We will consider Press Helpers and Feeders to be trained as 2nd pressmen!