We are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician for a solid Foundry client of ours. The ideal candidate must have Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, and PLC programming. Candidate should be willing to work OT on a regular basis. Also experience in a foundry or manufacturing environment would be a big plus. The shift is 6am – 2:30pm.
Here is the Job Description:
Perform repairs to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment running. Duties may involve pipe fitting; boiler repair; insulating; welding; pneumatics; hydraulics; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; repairing buildings, floors, and ceilings and troubleshooting in accordance with the blue-prints, manuals and building codes.
- Keep the machines, mechanical equipment and the structure of an establishment running during production.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and hydraulic, electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Perform routine Preventive and Predictive Maintenance as per the schedule to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Prioritize the work based on importance and delivery time of the project and production schedule.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment according to the layout plans.
- Inspect gages, valves, pressure regulators, drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery and remove any scrap material.
- Dismantle machines, equipment, or devices to access and repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, or power tools.
- Order replacement parts by filling the Purchase Requisition Form for the machines by selecting a vendor after research for part prices/availability, manufacturer's specifications, warranty status, estimate approval or other related items for cost-effective investment.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work in the work order.
- Support implementation and use of CMMS for Predictive and Preventive Maintenance.
- Work using safe practices while maintaining compliance of all safety regulations.
- Implementing improvements and participating in safety/OSHA training.
- Maintains complete documentation for each manufacturing machine regarding repairs, upgrades and other relevant data in the Maintenance Request Order Form and Equipment Data Report.
- Report problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labor to the Supervisor.
- Report any accident occurred in the plant related to person, equipment, material or any other to the Supervisor as soon as possible.
- Follow documented policies and procedures as designated by the company’s Employee Handbook and adhere to proper code of conduct while in the company property.
- Ensure work meets quality standards and is performed according to established procedures.
- Ensures work area is clean and safe at the end of each workday.
- Attend scheduled training programs to enhance skills and for safety purposes.
- Perform other tasks as directed by your supervisor.
- Education – High School Diploma
- Certificate Course in Maintenance Field or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, PLC programming is a must.
- Foundry or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Must be willing to work Overtime
Salary : $40,000 – $50,000